[Mpi3-rma] Conflicting PUT/GET accesses clarification

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:00:14 CDT 2011

I think that Pavan's question was motivated by the fact that ARMCI
seems to allow this.  However, just because ARMCI does this does not
make it right.  If a user reported this as a problem with an
MPI-compliant ARMCI implementation, I would tell him or her to write a
better application.  NWChem definitely does not need this.

I suspect that the only reason ARMCI allows this is because they
didn't have a reason to prohibit it, but it requires a séance to know
for sure :-(

Jeff