[Mpi3-rma] RMA phone call on Wednesday

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 6 21:06:34 CST 2010

Folks,

Based on the discussion during the telecon as well as after the telecon
with several folks, I've merged the proposal into the concept of MPI
Windows. I've added discussion at several places where the current
semantics made it difficult to add the new functionality (which was the
original motivation to fork off).

The latest draft is available here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji/tmp/rma/rma-1.6.pdf

Apart from the semantics from v1.5, I've incorporated an important
interoperability issue with shared memory programming pointed out by
Manoj @ PNNL during the telecon. That is, MPI_WIN_LOCK needs to block if
a process can do load/store accesses on a window; note that this is
different from MPI_WIN_LOCK needs to be lock for "local windows" in
cases where a shared memory region is being added to a window.

Thanks,

 -- Pavan

On 03/01/2010 12:57 PM, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> We are having a phone call this Wednesday at 11am Central to discuss
> Pavan's proposal before the meeting next week. The time will not work
> for everyone, but whoever can participate, please do. The current
> version of the proposal is at
> www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji/tmp/rma/rma-1.5.1.pdf .
>
> Rajeev
>

> Date: 2010-03-03 (Wednesday)
> Time: 11am Central, 9am Pacific, noon Eastern
> Passcode: 11797
> Domestic dial number: 888 769 8760
> International dial number: 212 287 1666

Pavan Balaji