[Mpi3-rma] Updated MPI-3 RMA proposal 1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 19 17:52:22 CDT 2010

On 06/17/2010 01:14 PM, Torsten Hoefler wrote:
> Brian has a good point. Proposal 1 was supposed to be the uncontentious
> one. We have made the decision to include it in absence of the two main
> opponents. Pushing this forward feels incorrect, thus, I removed it for
> now from the proposal.

This was exactly what I was arguing against -- the break up of the
proposals is increasingly becoming as contentious vs. uncontentious. It
should be "related items" based instead. And, no, "these are the minimum
set of things I need" is not a good definition of related items, as
that's a very subjective definition.

Why are we so afraid of adding items that we feel the Forum will not
like? It's easy enough to get a straw vote and drop something before the
final vote.

Second call to Bill/Rajeev -- we need some changes here.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji