[Mpi3-rma] non-contiguous support in RMA & one-sided pack/unpack (?)

William Gropp wgropp at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 16 06:48:43 CDT 2009

The issue of implementation efficiency is an important one - all too
often, APIs are designed with the attitude of "the vendor will make it
run fast".  And a common error is to say "just put the progress in a
separate thread," leaving out the "regardless of the impact on the
performance of those classes of application that are latency-bound".  So
I urge us all to pay attention to these implementation issues.

Bill

>>> http://home.uchicago.edu/~jhammond/