[Mpi3-rma] draft of a proposal for RMA interfaces

Vinod tipparaju tipparajuv at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:57:04 CDT 2008

Hello Howard,

Thanks for the corrections. Req_set_attr and get_attr are _alternatives_ proposed if a new request type were to be used for RMA and RMW operations (only for discussion, in addition to existing MPI request) instead of passing the attributes as a parameter to the MPI call. This new request type is passed to MPI call as a parameter. In this case, the attributes can be set on this new RMA/W Request and this can be used in the RMA/RMW MPI call instead of passing the attributes as a parameter. As you know, the example interfaces are included in the document only to initiate discussions.

I will start two separate discussions from your questions

1)signaling / remote notification of one-sided call
2)proposing interfaces/semantics that can potentially be implemented with point-to-point communication protocols

Thanks,
vinod.