[mpi3-rma] Plans ?

Shipman, Galen M. gshipman at ornl.gov
Sun Jan 27 21:43:39 CST 2008

One semantic that I have used before is to allow the implementation
to return an ordering tag (optional) after a request is submitted
(say for a PUT).
This ordering tag can then be used in subsequent operations to
enforce ordering w.r.t. the previous request. For some networks that
provide ordering on a per connection basis, the ordering tag can
simply map to a particular connection. If the implementation does not
support ordering for a specific (or any) request then it can return a
special "no order" tag.  Not saying this is a good thing, just have
used it before.

- Galen