[mpiwg-p2p] Fwd: MPI P2P "messages may overtake" assertion

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:54:30 CST 2015

Remember that one of the use cases of allow_overtaking is applications that
have exact matching, in which case allow_overtaking is a way of turning off
a feature that isn't used, in order to get a high-performing message queue
implementation.  In the exact matching case, tools will have no problem
matching up sends and recvs.

If tools cannot handle MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE already, then I don't really
care if they can't support this assertion either.

And in any case, such tools can just intercept the info operations and
strip this key if they can't support it.

Jeff

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/