[mpiwg-p2p] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Mpi-forum] Point-to-point working group

Sur, Sayantan sayantan.sur at intel.com
Mon Feb 3 11:29:28 CST 2014

Hi Jeff,

Is there any particular reason you want the accumulate op to be specified on the Recv side, vs. the send side? I ask because in RMA we have the accumulate specified on the origin. Typically, most networks expose APIs for atomic ops on the origin side as well.

i.e. why not Send_accumulate and Recv.

Thanks,
Sayantan