[mpiwg-p2p] Schedule for Dec 2014 face-to-face meeting in San Jose

Daniel Holmes dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 08:34:44 CST 2014

Hi all,

I propose the following as the initial schedule for the P2P WG time at
the face-to-face WG meeting in San Jose:

09:00 Receive w/reduce (30 minutes)
09:30 Allocate receive (30 minutes)
10:00 -----Break------ (30 minutes)
10:30 Wildcards ticket (15 minutes)
10:45 Streams/channels (75 minutes)
12:00 -----Lunch------ (60 minutes)

Jeff Hammond will be presenting some new information about "receive with
reduce" and "allocate receive".

The "wildcards ticket" is intended to be a short time to make a decision
on whether or not the P2P WG should pick up and drive the spin-off INFO
keys ticket (#461) that proposes a couple of "no wildcards" keys and
whether or not to offer to take on other proposed keys (as long as they
are P2P-related) as lower priority items (e.g. "only_any_source" and
"only_any_tag").

Finally, we still have a lot of material regarding streams/channels to
discuss. (Note-to-self: Takeshi Nanri, Kyushu Univ., Japan on channels
in ML and Xiaoyi Lu, Ohio State Univ., USA on DataMPI.)

I realise that many P2P WG members are also Hybrid WG members and the
parallel track in the afternoon of Tuesday 9th is not ideal for us. I am
proposing that we restrict our WG time to just the two morning sessions
to avoid the timetabling clash. We can make a decision during lunch,
based on our progress through the agenda by that time, about whether the
afternoon P2P session is used or not.

Cheers,
Dan.

--
Dan Holmes
Applications Consultant in HPC Research
E: dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.