[Mpiwg-large-counts] Minor improvement to Pythonizing

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sun Oct 27 12:38:15 CDT 2019

Dear Jeff,

> I made a minor improvement to the Pythonizing script this morning: it now
> automatically adds a \cdeclindex{} entry to each LIS rendering for each "MPI_*"
> C type that is found in a given MPI procedure.

This seems to be the contrary:
The index entries are well chosen according to relevance,
i.e., not always just all Locations.
And exactly 1-3 defining locations are underlined.

- MPI_Comm, MPI_Datatype:
  all generation and handling routines, but never the routines,
  where such a handle is just an Input argument, i.e., just used.

For some others, all locations may be there:
- MPI_File ?
- MPI_Op ?
- MPI_Request ???

Doing this when implementing the index, was many hours of work.

I had not the time to check all.
But having all MPI_Comm or MPI_Datatype in the index makes it unusable!

Best regards
Rolf