[Mpiwg-large-counts] Pythonizing instructions

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Sat Oct 19 15:26:23 CDT 2019

As discussed in our last meeting, I've written a first take at instructions for Chapter Authors for how to write Pythonized functions.

These instructions are not yet intended for a wide audience -- they are intended solely for the working group.  Let's iterate on them here in the WG and get them to a good enough state before sharing them widely:

    https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/large-count-issues/wiki/pythonizing

Puri/Tony/Dan: please try to use these instructions to Pythonize a few bindings.  The PR for the Pythonization is https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/mpi-standard/pull/2.  All even-numbered chapters are done, and a small number of odd-numbered chapters.  Grep for `funcdef` in chapter *.tex files to find a chapter that hasn't been Pythonized yet (funcdef is the LaTeX macro for hard-coded LaTeX macros).

Send your feedback here and/or we'll discuss on Wednesday.

jsquyres at cisco.com