[MPI3-IO] [EXTERNAL] New MPI-IO routines

Lofstead, Gerald F II gflofst at sandia.gov
Thu May 24 15:08:51 CDT 2012

I can see the usefulness of this beyond the SWMR case (essentially queue a
bunch of IO ops in the background and come back when they are all done)
and wonder is there a broader agenda that should be looked at for this?
For example, is the non-blocking, but ordered idea something useful for
messaging as well? Personally, I think so. Given that, is it worth
exploring this in a broader context to add the non-blocking, ordered style
to MPI as a whole?

Other than an explicit queue mechanism to execute these in series, what
are the complexity problems you envision? It seems really straightforward.

Jay Lofstead