[MPI3-IO] shared file pointer

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Sun Feb 12 11:52:45 CST 2012

Hi All,

So after laying out these choices, I see 3 options for the nbcio ticket:

1) Keep it the way it is, and adding an advise to users saying that
intermixing nonblocking collective shared fp operation and independent
shared fp operations is undefined.

2) Make the previous case illegal.

3) remove the nonblocking ordered operations from this ticket (to be
handled in a separate ticket)

keep in mind, as mentioned previously, we can't provide a prototype
implementation for those routines. From our side, if the forum accepts
only a pseudo code implementation for those routines, we  would like to
proceed with option 1, otherwise we would go with option 3.

Any other opinions?

Thanks,
Mohamad