[MPI3-IO] Updated draft for ticket 273

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Wed Feb 15 14:37:01 CST 2012

Hi All,

I attached to the ticket
(https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/273) the updated
draft with the suggested ticket 0 changes from the reading at the last
meeting.

For your convenience, here are the changes made to the text including
the page number:

  *

    p:444 We should make table 13.1 have three rows: blocking, nonblocking&  split collective, along with marking the split collectives as deprecated in the table (if possible). (ticket 0)

  *

    p:451 (line 21), 456 (line 40), 463 (line 21)  We need to change the 'void *' buffer parameters for the "write" routines to be 'const void *'.

  *

    p: 484 (line 46) "Quality" should be "High Quality".

  *

    p: 484 (line 38-43) The sentence ending with "in between" needs editing to indicate what the collective operations are "between".

      o I rephrased this sentence a little and added a reference to the
        collective semantics.
  *

    p: 484 (line 36) "belonging to the communicator" should be "belonging to the group of the communicator".

  *

    p: 484 (line 48) "All calls" should be changed to "All nonblocking collective I/O calls".

  *

    p: 445 (line 25) The sentence "In a nonblocking or split collective operation, the pointer is updated by the call that initiates the I/O, possibly before the access completes."  should have a note about the split collectives being deprecated.

  *

    p"462 (line 28) Add advice to users to indicate the result of intermixing nonblocking collective and independent shared file pointer operations is undefined

Please let me know if you have any comments about the changes.

Thanks,
Mohamad