[mpiwg-hybridpm] Changes to the EI chapter

Daniel Holmes dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 16:29:17 CST 2015

I agree that this sentence should not be in the standard.

Cheers,
Dan.

On 03/03/2015 14:24, Balaji, Pavan wrote:
> The Forum was not entirely happy with the chapter committee change on the EI chapter.  Specifically, the following sentence that was added into the pdf should be removed:
>
> "Implementations that do not support threads are not required to support the calling of these functions from threads."
>
> This is in direct contradiction to the fact that the mentioned functions should work correctly without knowing whether threads are there or not.  I plan to remove it.  Please let me know what you think.
>
>    -- Pavan
>
> --
> Pavan Balaji  ✉️
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji

Dan Holmes
Applications Consultant in HPC Research
EPCC, The University of Edinburgh
James Clerk Maxwell Building
The Kings Buildings
Peter Guthrie Tait Road
Edinburgh
EH9 3FD
T: +44(0)131 651 3465
E: dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.