[mpiwg-hybridpm] Fwd: [Mpi-forum] December 2014 Meeting / Agenda

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Tue Nov 4 00:11:41 CST 2014

Do we need WG or plenary time at the next meeting?

  — Pavan

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 4, 2014 at 12:09:51 AM CST
From: Schulz Martin <schulzm at llnl.gov<mailto:schulzm at llnl.gov>>
Subject: [Mpi-forum] December 2014 Meeting / Agenda

Hi all,

I put up an initial roster for the December meeting in San Jose. As usual, I am planning to arrange WG meeting in the beginning of the meeting (until Tuesday noon or evening depending on the requests that I get), followed by the plenaries. Votes will be Thursday morning.

For the plenaries, I would like to try something different, based on the experience at the forum in Japan: instead of having a fixed schedule, I’ll put up a list of topics that we need to cover and we’ll go through them in order, but not necessarily with a fixed schedule. We basically followed this scheme in Japan (out of necessity since we had to redo the agenda on the fly due to the missed quorum) and this worked fairly well and allowed for enough discussions for the topics that needed them. I’ll still try to keep track of overall time to make sure we get through with the agenda, in particular with the items to be voted on, but I would like to avoid that this dictates the schedule.

For the WG leads: please send me any requests for WG time or plenary items as soon as you can (even if you need to revise that later), so we can start building a more concrete agenda. Also, please let me know of any tickets that you want read or voted on as part of errata. I have pre-populated the agenda with the second and first votes, since those are fixed – but please also double check those. The deadline for announcing tickets for readings or votes is as usual 2 weeks before the forum, which is the Monday 11/24, I.e., the Monday of Thanksgiving week.

Thanks!

Martin

Pavan Balaji  ✉️
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji