[mpiwg-hybridpm] Hybrid WG telecon tomorrow

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:45:15 CDT 2014

All,

Below are two options for the endpoints error text:

%% OLD:
If the MPI implementation is not able to create a new communicator because
of the \mpiarg{my\_num\_ep} argument given by any process, this function
will
return \error{MPI\_ERR\_ENDPOINTS}.

%% Option 2 (Suggested by Pavan):
If a process provides a valid \mpiarg{my\_num\_ep} argument, but the MPI
implementation is not able to create a new communicator because of the
\mpiarg{my\_num\_ep} argument at this process, this function will return
\error{MPI\_ERR\_ENDPOINTS} at all processes.

%% Option 1 (Smallest delta from old text):
If the MPI implementation is not able to create a new communicator because a
valid \mpiarg{my\_num\_ep} argument given by any process, this function will
return \error{MPI\_ERR\_ENDPOINTS} at all processes.

Opinions or suggestions for improvement?

I have attached an updated review document (with option 2 above, but this
is still open for discussion).  Please review page 245, lines 7-15.  I
removed the use of "endpoint" and replaced it with "rank".  I also replaced
instances where we talk about "rank" in the parent communicator with
"process".  I think it's clearer now; interested to hear feedback.

Cheers,
 ~Jim.