[mpiwg-hybridpm] Hybrid WG telecon tomorrow

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:28:23 CDT 2014

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the thorough feedback.  I applied these changes and attached an
updated document.  I'm trying to keep the changes we make right now as
small as possible so that we can have a first vote in Japan.  The change
below is reasonable, but I'm concerned that it might push us over the
re-read threshold.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Daniel Holmes <dholmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> %%PROBLEM
> The statements about cached information, valid values for my_num_ep, and
> the condition for the error code/class all apply to the inter-communicator
> case as well as the intra-communicator case. Should this be made clearer by
> moving that text out of the intra-communicator paragraph and after the
> inter-communicator paragraph?
> %%SUGGESTION
> If parent_comm is an intracommunicator ... sum of the values of my_num_ep
> on all calling processes. If parent_comm is an intercommunicator ...
> MPI_COMM_NULL is returned in all entries of new_comm_handles.
> at all processes.

What are your thoughts?  I believe that the structure we have for this text
was inherited from the MPI_Comm_create text.

 ~Jim.