[mpiwg-hybridpm] Final set of INIT/FINALIZE slides

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 12 00:05:18 CDT 2013

In reviewing the slides this morning, I made some trivial changes.  Some made the text slightly more correct; others were simply for clarity.  I did not change any semantics that we agreed upon.

Attached are the final I set I intend to present tomorrow in Madrid.  Let me know if you have any comments.

- added some "Time" arrows to the example slides, just to be totally explicit
- changed text slide 9, from "'First' thread will..." to "One thread will..."
- changed text slide 13, "A use-case / example is..."
- changed text slide 14, "...when epoch completes"
- changed blue blocks in slide 20 to imply that the threads call INIT at different times
- changed text slide 21, "Never change thread level after first epoch"
- changed text slide 25, from "If an OS process..." to "If an MPI process..."
- changed slides 27/28:
  - changed communicator names to AA and BB (to differentiate from processes A and B)
  - added MPI_SEND(..., AA) and MPI_RECV(..., BB) to indicate that the ACCEPT/CONNECT communicator still exists after first FINALIZE in process B

jsquyres at cisco.com