[Mpi3-hybridpm] MPI_HELPER_TEAM_CREATE description of INFO

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 17 06:34:36 CST 2011

Doug:

I think Pavan will be changing to something more along
the lines of "static" and "dynamic", which seemed to
sit better with the other forum members. In that case,
I think the initial description is in terms of what the
implementation does (assign work to the threads statically
or dynamically). I agree that we should also state what
the implications are from the application perspective
(LEAVE is synchronizing across threads so all threads
must call it for any to complete it versus LEAVE has
thread-local completion semantics -- the differences
are significant enough that I think two different
LEAVE functions are appropriate), perhaps in an advice
to users...

Bronis