[Mpi3-hybridpm] SHMEM Interface in Draft External Interfaces

Hubert Ritzdorf hritzdorf at hpce.nec.com
Wed Feb 16 11:32:32 CST 2011

Hi,

I have 2 notes to chapter MPI and Shared Memory in External Interface draft "ei-2-v1.0.pdf":

(*) I am missing a function MPI_Shmem_flush(shm)
     which flushes the shared memory on not cache-coherent systems
     (corresponding to shmem functions shmem_udcflush() or shmem_udcflush_line()).

(*) The concept of
     the intracommunicator MPI_COMM_SHM of all processes the local process can share
     doesn't work for dynamic process management. I would propose

        (*) to define a special constant MPI_COLOR_SHM and
        (*) to create a communicator of all processes the local process can share
            in communicator comm. with function

               MPI_Comm_split (comm., MPI_COLOR_SHM, key, comm._shm)

Best regards

Hubert Ritzdorf
NEC Germany