[Mpi3-hybridpm] MPI_Comm_split_type

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 26 02:18:09 CDT 2011

On 08/26/2011 02:12 AM, Supalov, Alexander wrote:
> Thanks. The advice to implementers mentioned an Info argument (see
> 23/6). There appears to be no MPI_Info argument in the syntax (see
> 22/26). Is this a remnant of the ol'times, or a glint of the future?
>
> Actually, having an MPI_Info here would be very tempting, as one
> could, e.g., ask the new communicator ranks to be reordered to honour
> cache hierarchy, or latency, etc. With the time we could then also
> agree on some keys/effects common to all implementations.

Oops, the info argument was always the plan. I somehow messed up the
prototype. Thanks for catching it.

We did have a detailed discussion on whether we can predefine some info
arguments, but there was no consensus. So we decided to leave it as
implementation specific. If you have any ideas, please feel free to
propose them.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji