[Mpi3-hybridpm] MPI_Comm_split_type

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Fri Aug 26 02:12:59 CDT 2011

Thanks. The advice to implementers mentioned an Info argument (see 23/6). There appears to be no MPI_Info argument in the syntax (see 22/26). Is this a remnant of the ol'times, or a glint of the future?

Actually, having an MPI_Info here would be very tempting, as one could, e.g., ask the new communicator ranks to be reordered to honour cache hierarchy, or latency, etc. With the time we could then also agree on some keys/effects common to all implementations.