[Mpi3-hybridpm] slightly improved document is posted

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 18 17:41:42 CST 2010

I think some text is needed to specify what MPI_Comm_rank returns.
Suppose a thread calls MPI_Comm_rank on MPI_COMM_WORLD, does it return
the rank of the endpoint the thread is currently attached to? What is
returned if the thread is not attached to an endpoint?

The function MPI_Comm_endpoint is defined as "retrieves the endpoint
associated with a communicator". But a communicator can have multiple
endpoints. Should it be rephrased to say "the endpoint that the calling
thread is currently attached to"? What is returned if the thread is not
attached to an endpoint in that communicator?

Rajeev

ttachment/wiki/MPI3Hybrid/hybrid-V5.2.pdf>