[Mpi3-hybridpm] New version of the hybrid proposal

Snir, Marc snir at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 30 16:35:02 CST 2009

I attached to the wiki the file hybrid-V4.pdf. This is an essentially complete proposal that reflects the discussions we had at last telecom, and has new text on OpenMP binding, TBB binding and UPC/CAF binding. There are many discussion items that we need to address at the next telecom -- Would be good if you read and prepared for that telecom. The only thing missing (other than, almost certainly, numerous corrections), are real examples to illustrate the usefulness of the constructs.

Would be good to have an initial implementation before the next meeting in Atlanta.

Happy New Year.

Marc Snir
Michael Faiman and Saburo Muroga Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
4323 Siebel Center, 201 N Goodwin, IL 61801
Tel (217) 244 6568
Web http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/snir