[mpiwg-ft] [Mpi-forum] Planning for the September Forum Meeting

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Mon Jul 29 14:23:36 CDT 2019

Hey Martin,

The FTWG will have three things:

2nd Votes:

Define error/failure behavior in MPI_INIT/FINALIZE
Issue - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/102 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/102>
PR - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/50 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/50>

Clarify what MPI_SUCCESS guarantees, and what is left undefined when MPI_ERR_XXX happens
Issue - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/119 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/119>
PR - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/95 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/95>

New Reading:

MPI_GET_INFO_ENV - A new function to construct MPI_INFO_ENV from argv/argc when needed.

The text for this one isn’t written yet since we just decided we needed it on the call earlier today, but I’ll work on it and get something ready for the meeting. Should be short. 🤞

Thanks,
Wesley