[mpiwg-ft] FTWG Call Today

Ignacio Laguna lagunaperalt1 at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 15 12:46:55 CDT 2017

Hey Aurelien,

Thanks! I understand the concern.

For gloabal-restart models like Reinit (and I believe that for the SC14
version of Fenix) this problem is solved by passing a reinit function
pointer to MPI, which it then calls after initialization (this function
is a replacement of main, and has the code that main originally
contained). Since this reinit function is kept in the stack (it never
returns), we can always long jump there.

I think the main problem is that we cannot long jump from a signal
handler, or more specifically it is undefined according to the C
language. We would need to find another mechanism for long jumping after
a signal handler is called as a result of a failure notification.

Ignacio