[Mpi3-ft] Clarification Ticket 323: MPI_ANY_SOURCE and MPI_Test(any)

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Mon Mar 19 08:36:04 CDT 2012

I agree that these should be the expected semantics. However, I do not
know how an MPI implementor would reach this conclusion from the
proposed standard+ticket 323. But maybe I missed some connecting
thread in the proposal.

As you point out, the error case is not well defined in the current
standard. So the proposal should clarify this so that implementors
provide the correct functionality to the users, and the users know
what they are programming against.

If we conclude that a clarification is necessary, I think this is a
good errata item for 3.1. Just a clarification to the MPI_Test*
functionality. If you all agree, can you provide some suggested
wording for this errata item?

Thanks,
Josh