[Mpi3-ft] Invalidate by any other name

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Mon Mar 12 09:52:43 CDT 2012

One of the lingering syntax issues from the MPI Forum meeting last week has
to do with the MPI_*_invalidate() operation.

"Invalid communicator" has a well defined meaning in the MPI standard, so
it is bad to have an alternative meeting for the FT functionally.
Therefore, we need a new name for this 'invalidate' operation.

Below are some suggestions (thanks to Jeff Squyres and Thomas Herault for
some of these):

suspend
annul
negate
discredit
disqualify
neutralize
quash
revoke
rescind
repeal
revoke
nuke
nix
explode
smite
infirmo

Are there others that folks want to suggest?

I kind of like 'repeal' or 'revoke' since we are revoking the context
associated with the communication object through this function.

-- Josh

--
Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate