[Mpi3-ft] MPI_Comm_validate - What's in a name?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 25 16:09:07 CST 2012

On 01/25/2012 04:02 PM, Sur, Sayantan wrote:
> I think we also had another discussion that Darius initiated regarding
> this. We discussed that we will allow p2p communication on communicator
> with ‘holes’, but disallow collectives. Since this seemed to satisfy
> your use cases. We were thinking about bringing in the validate as an
> “add-on” ticket. Are we still on track to do that?

Just as a note -- the first ticket should work for everything that's not
collective on comm, which includes P2P, MPI_Comm_create_group,
MPI_Intercomm_create, etc.  This will allow users to create a new
smaller communicator if needed (or a communicator of the same size by
spawning more processes).

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji