[Mpi3-ft] NOAA GPU work

George R Carr Jr George.Carr at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 29 12:29:26 CDT 2011

During the meetings in Chicago, there were a couple questions
regarding NOAA's use of GPUs. The GPU work is being performed by
people in the same group that I am part of.

While we were in Chicago, Tom Henderson was at the 2011 Symposium on
Application Accelerators in High-Performance Computing (SAAHPC'11)
presenting some of our more recent results. Although the primary
thrust of the paper/presentation focused on compilers, the results
clearly justify further work with this architecture for the weather
community. See http://saahpc.ncsa.illinois.edu for additional
information.

I have attached Tom's paper and presentation. These are available
publically on the conference web so you can feel free to do what you
may with them.

Regards,
George

P.S. Alternative contact information