[Mpi3-ft] Run-Through Stabilization Users Guide

Joshua Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Fri Jan 28 13:44:24 CST 2011

As mentioned on the teleconf, I created a Run-Through Stabilization Users Guide wiki page.
  https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/ft/run_through_users_guide

The purpose of this page is to introduce application developers to the high level philosophy of the run-through stabilization proposal, and some of the most commonly used interfaces and semantics. I included some example code snippets to help new users start programming against the emerging prototypes.

The page is not meant to be comprehensive, but just enough to get an application developer or new group member started with the ideas contained in the proposal. This is an alternative to the existing proposal which is structured to help the group form it into a formal proposal for the MPI forum, which can be confusing for those not steeped in the the MPI standard structure and language.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on how to make the page more useful.

-- Josh

Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory