[Mpi3-ft] Run-Through Stabilization Proposal Updates (topologies and dynamics)

Joshua Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Tue Jan 11 14:46:32 CST 2011

I just pushed in some more updates to the run-through stabilization proposal, change log below:
 * Added semantics for Ch. 7: Process Topologies
 * Added note for Ch. 12: External Interfaces
 * Added semantics for Ch. 10: Process Creation and Management
 * Added the error classes MPI_ERR_NOT_RESPONDING, MPI_ERR_NOT_AVAILABLE, and MPI_ERR_NOT_CONNECTED for connection establishment routines.
 * Added the error classes MPI_ERR_FN_CANNOT_CONTINUE, and MPI_ERR_HANDLE_CANNOT_CONTINUE as a way for the MPI library to have more fined grained control over what is disabled due to a previous failure versus the MPI_ERR_CANNOT_CONTINUE error class which is global in scope.
 * Update Parallel I/O Chapter to include use of the MPI_ERR_HANDLE_CANNOT_CONTINUE, and MPI_ERR_FN_CANNOT_CONTINUE error classes.

It is available here:
  https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/ft/run_through_stabilization

Other than a few odds and ends in the document, I think the one-sided chapter and more revisions of the parallel I/O chapter are all that is left to do with that document. We'll go over a highlight real of the changes in the teleconf tomorrow if folks want to discuss more there.

Enjoy and send comments,
Josh

Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate