[Mpi3-ft] Run-Through Stabilization Proposal Updates (topologies and dynamics)
jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Tue Jan 11 14:46:32 CST 2011
I just pushed in some more updates to the run-through stabilization proposal, change log below:
* Added semantics for Ch. 7: Process Topologies
* Added note for Ch. 12: External Interfaces
* Added semantics for Ch. 10: Process Creation and Management
* Added the error classes MPI_ERR_NOT_RESPONDING, MPI_ERR_NOT_AVAILABLE, and MPI_ERR_NOT_CONNECTED for connection establishment routines.
* Added the error classes MPI_ERR_FN_CANNOT_CONTINUE, and MPI_ERR_HANDLE_CANNOT_CONTINUE as a way for the MPI library to have more fined grained control over what is disabled due to a previous failure versus the MPI_ERR_CANNOT_CONTINUE error class which is global in scope.
* Update Parallel I/O Chapter to include use of the MPI_ERR_HANDLE_CANNOT_CONTINUE, and MPI_ERR_FN_CANNOT_CONTINUE error classes.
It is available here:
Other than a few odds and ends in the document, I think the one-sided chapter and more revisions of the parallel I/O chapter are all that is left to do with that document. We'll go over a highlight real of the changes in the teleconf tomorrow if folks want to discuss more there.
Enjoy and send comments,
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
More information about the mpiwg-ft