[Mpi3-ft] Con Call

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Wed Feb 17 08:00:17 CST 2010

Thanks. I guess being as vague as the non-blocking collective proposal wrt the max number of pending spawns is a sound approach.

What about the connection to the "main" FT API (that hasn't been updated for quite a while, as it seems)? E.g., what happens if a non-blocking spawn fails? When is the right time to start thinking about this sort of scenarios?

Also, in connection to this, it may be that a priori elimination of the MPI_Cancel in application to the spawning operations is not a good thing. If the non-blocking spawn will fail collectively, we don't need cancel. If they won't, we do.