[Mpi3-ft] Con call this week

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Sat Oct 11 13:34:09 CDT 2008

Just a reminder that we will have our regularly scheduled call this coming
Wed.  Call details are:

Wed - 12-2 pm EDT, 5-7 pm GMT
US Toll Free number: 877-801-8130
Toll number: 1-203-692-8690
Access Code: 1044056

I think that we are close to competing the discussion of specific use cases,
so lets aim to close these off on this call.  Please remember to add your
use cases to the wiki, so that we can consider these for the next round.
Noticeably missing contributions are from those interested in building
checkpointing libraries on top of a fault-tolerant MPI (i.e., w/o having to
change the MPI implementation) - if anyone has contributions along these
lines, please speak up.  We have talked about these in the past, but now we
need to consolidate the various inputs, so we can proceed in a coherent
manner.

At the forum meeting in a week I would like to have us start working on
semantics and an API for support for process fault-tolerance, with the goal
to be in position to start prototyping implementations after the Dec.
meeting.

Rich