[MPIWG Fortran] Provide Fortran datatypes if Fortran bindings not provided?

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Thu Feb 18 13:06:42 CST 2016

On Feb 18, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:

> From MPI 3.1, page 674:
>
> "If an accompanying C++ compiler is missing, then the MPI datatypes in this table are not defined."
>
> Please tell me why we want to do something different for Fortran.

I agree that this is a good point.   Although an increasingly strange one in the C++ case since the C and C++ compilers are often the identical same compiler these days.  The choice of cc or CC just sets a different mode internally.

Bill Long                                                                       longb at cray.com
Fortran Technical Support  &                                  voice:  651-605-9024
Bioinformatics Software Development                     fax:  651-605-9142
Cray Inc./ Cray Plaza, Suite 210/ 380 Jackson St./ St. Paul, MN 55101