[MPIWG Fortran] MPI_SIZEOF: redux

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 23:01:06 CDT 2014

Lots of user codes are using mpif.h, regardless of their Fortran dialect. Google for it some time and then multiply by a factor to account for Fortran users' lack of use of version control.

Maybe you don't have lots of users or customers to deal with, but some of the rest of us do, and deprecating mpif.h and "use mpi" is not going to fly with them.

Do the MPI C bindings violate K&R? They definitely work with C89, which is older than F90, so age arguments are not valid here. I'd love it if mpi had C99 and C11 bindings, but it doesn't.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone