[MPIWG Fortran] Draft chapter for discussion today

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Fri Jan 17 08:32:30 CST 2014

Dear Jeff,

the content is okay, but I have a few issues with a
missing completeness of the ticket:

- MPI-3.0, in Table 2.1, after p18:34 add:

    mpif.h (5)  [deprecated since] MPI-4.0  [Replacement] mpi or mpi_f08 module

  and after p18:37:

    (5) Include file.

- The whole text of section 17.1.4 must be moved into the new

    15.3 Deprecated since MPI-4.0

    15.3.1 Fortran Support through the mpif.h Include File

        With MPI-4.0, the Section 17.1.4 on page ...
        was deprecated and moved into this Section 15.3.1.

        [Old text from 17.1.4 with the proposed modifications.]
        The use of the mpif.h include file is deprecated and may be
        deleted from a future Version of MPI.

    17.1.4 Fortran Support through the mpif.h Include File

        Since MPI-4.0, the use of the mpif.h include file is deprecated
        and the content of this section was moved into Section 15.3.1 on page ... .

- MPI-3.0 p11:17 reads

>   The Fortran version of the same function used
>   with USE mpi or INCLUDE 'mpif.h'.

  but should read

    And additionally for routines that existed already in MPI-3.0:
>   The Fortran version of the same function used
>   with USE mpi
    or the deprecated
>   INCLUDE 'mpif.h'.

- MPI-3.0 p12:40, p30:19 reads

    INCLUDE 'mpif.h'

  but should read

    the deprecated INCLUDE 'mpif.h'

- MPI-3.0 p13:21 reads

    mpif.h or the mpi module

  but should read

    the mpi module or the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p16:19 reads

    the include file mpif.h or the mpi module

  but should read

    the mpi module or the deprecated include file mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p19:19 reads

    mpif.h and use mpi

  but should read

    use mpi and the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p32:18 reads

>   mpi.h and mpif.h

  but should read

    mpi.h, the Fortran modules mpi_f08 and mpi, and in the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p45:36, p268:38, p270:10, p270:21, p274:14, p277:26, p339:45,
          p344:26, p346:16, p347:40, p407:48, p409:31, p411:12,
          p475:15, p475:47, p476:42, 680:36, p680:37 reads

    mpif.h

  but should read

    the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p367:16, p379:48 reads

    the include file mpif.h

  but should read

    the deprecated include file mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p545:14 reads

    the mpif.h

  but should read

    the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p605-659 (Fortran Chapter, starting with 17.1.5) reads

    mpif.h

  but should read

    the deprecated mpif.h

- MPI-3.0 p756:1 reads

    Fortran Bindings with mpif.h or the mpi Module

  but should read (would be too Long with "deprecated")

    Fortran Bindings with the mpi Module or mpif.h

I do not expect that I found all issues, but at least some ;-)

Best regards
Rolf