[MPIWG Fortran] Question about 388 errata

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Wed Sep 18 13:03:08 CDT 2013

I read all the discussion up to now, and the new proposal is in
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/ticket/388/errata-30-ticket388-2013-09-12.pdf

Page 7 lines 14-15 read

  For TS 29113 quality, new routines
  are needed only for routines with choice buffer arguments.

but should read

  If the accompanying Fortran compiler supports TS 29113, then new routines
  are needed only for routines with choice buffer arguments.

____________
Short explanation: We used the word "accompanying" already in the MPI standard
several times for the accompanying C++ compiler.
For Fortran we used in 17.1.7 the wording
"the Fortran compiler suite for which it is compiled."
I believe, here in this advice, the shortcut "accompanying" is good enough.

With this, the round of reviews within the Fortran-WG starts again.
Please explicitly send an okay (or better wording).

Best regards
Rolf

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Office: Room 1.307)