[MPIWG Fortran] Question about 388 errata

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:07:04 CDT 2013

Explicitly okay with me.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, William Gropp <wgropp at illinois.edu> wrote:

I like this, and prefer supports.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

On Sep 18, 2013, at 5:11 AM, N.M. Maclaren wrote:

On Sep 18 2013, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:

I propose in
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/attachment/ticket/388/errata-30-ticket388-2013-09-12.pdf

Page 7 lines 14-15 read

For TS 29113 quality, new routines  are needed only for routines with
choice buffer arguments.

but should read

If the Fortran compiler implements TS 29113, then new routines  are needed
only for routines with choice buffer arguments.

(We always use the short-cut TS 29113, the long version is in the bib-list)

Jeff S., Jeff H., Craig, Bill L.,

  please give an explicit okay (or a better text).

'supports' might be better than 'implements', but that's a trivial point.
I think that it's very clear, and better than before.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.