[MPIWG Fortran] ticket 351

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Tue Oct 22 10:30:38 CDT 2013

Hi Jeff,

I admit that the Fortran standard is (intentionally) vague about what
constitutes a "command line".  However, I tried the 5 compilers I have
available (Cray, Intel, PGI, gfortran, Pathscale) with a simple program
that prints argument 0 == the "command name by which the program was
invoked", and in all cases the launcher text  (aprun -n1 ) was ignored
and the program printed "./a.out".    Not conclusive, but suggests that
the vendors have figured out what the right "quality of implementation"
action is here.  If there are examples to the contrary, I'd be
interested in knowing about them.