[MPI3 Fortran] Fwd: [Mpi-comments] MPI 3.0: Fortran 2008 interface - issue with the LOGICAL kind

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sun Mar 3 10:39:42 CST 2013

Nick and all,

I also expected that A does not work.
Therefore I need answers to my questions B1 and B2:

    (B1) Is it possible, that a BIND(C) routine
         has a dummy argument that is a non-BIND(C)
         ABSTRACT INTERFACE procedure argument?
         I.e., do we have a problem, if
         MPI_Comm_create_keval is defined with BIND(C)
         and the ABSTRACT interface MPI_Comm_copy_attr_function
         and the predefined callbacks MPI_COMM_NULL_COPY_FN
         and MPI_COMM_DUP_FN are defined without BIND(C)?

    (B2) Do we have any problem with
         the TYPE(C_PTR), VALUE dummy arguments
         in the ABSTRACT INTERFACE MPI_User_function
         on MPI-3.0 page 183 line 45 - page 184 line 3
         if the we remove the BIND(C) from this
         ABSTRACT INTERFACE (i.e. on page 183, line 47).

Best regards
Rolf