[MPI3 Fortran] Fwd: [Mpi-comments] MPI 3.0: Fortran 2008 interface - issue with the LOGICAL kind

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 3 09:52:12 CST 2013

On Mar 3 2013, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:

>There are two ways to solve the problem:
>
>(A) To extend TS 29113 to allow also interoperability
>    of LOGICAL with int.
>    It may not be trivial to get this through the
>    Fortran standardization.

While this is not into flying pig territory, don't hold your
breath waiting for it.  I can tell you that you have at least
one WG5 person weakly in favour, one adamantly against,
and one at least weakly against.  Unless you can get someone
to champion it at Delft this June, you should consider it
dead.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.