[MPI3 Fortran] Fortran proposal w.r.t. BIND(C)/logical/linker symbols/etc. (take 2)

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Mon Jun 3 12:25:04 CDT 2013

> > 3) The C implementation allows for certain routines to be
> > implemented
> > as macros (2.6.4, pages 19-20). In particular, the type conversion
> > routines. In that case, there is no external PMPI version. It would
> > be
> > reasonable to allow the same exemption in the case that these
> > routines
> > are implemented by Fortran module procedures (which, from the end
> > result of compilation, would have an effect much like a C macro). I
> > assume
> > that the tools people would not be harmed if these could not be
> > intercepted, as that is already the case for C anyway.
>
> The functions in 17.2.4 do not have Fortran interfaces.
> They exist only in C.
>
> The macro-allowance for MPI_Wtime and Wtick is only for C.
>
> For MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick in Fortran, the usual rules apply.
> No macro exception.

My answer was 50% a mistake.
For the fortran written wrappers, we need these functions also in
Fortran and especially the constants MPI_C_COMM_KIND, etc. for
the size of the C handles to be able to store them
in Fortran integers.

I expect that we add this later - it is a minor part.

Best regards
Rolf

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Office: Room 1.307)