[MPI3 Fortran] MPI function symbol naming convention for tools

Rasmussen, Craig E rasmussn at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 20 13:36:23 CDT 2011

We've debated this for some time and the module name chosen is "mpi_f08".  We had originally proposed the module name to be "mpi3" but this ties the name to a particular mpi version which didn't seem the right thing to do.  I'm open to a different module name though Rolf will probably kill me.  Perhaps "use mpi_f_types" or "use mpi_f_handles".  Though it is late in the game to be making a name change now.

-craig