[MPI3 Fortran] Deprecate mpif.h?

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Wed Mar 3 17:41:11 CST 2010

Thanks. Let me sketch a sad yet very realistic artificial example.

Imagine a hapless owner of 10-million lines of mostly Fortran IV code, with some C inlays, whose original authors retired 25 years ago. Every single change after that goes thru the ISO 9000 certification process. And still they need to get the 5% performance increase the NB collectives may bring.

Now tell them they must "use mpi3" for that. Shudder.