[MPI3 Fortran] Deprecate mpif.h?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Mar 3 15:22:21 CST 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Supalov, Alexander wrote:

> I can imagine a venerable application that wants to retain all of F77 stuff but use the nonblocking collectives, for example. Would this be considered a "minor" mpif.h modification?

Not if it's deprecated.  If it's deprecated, nothing new will be included in mpif.h.

The path forward for such an app would be to use mpi3 for the parts of their app that want to use nonblocking collectives.  That was the explicit goal of having INTEGER<-->Fortran handle conversion functions (i.e., legacy apps that include mpif.h/use mpi, but want to add some MPI-3 functionality).

jsquyres at cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: