[MPI3 Fortran] Agenda for MPI3 Fortran Working group next week

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jun 3 08:59:09 CDT 2009

I'm not going to debate the value of paying someone for an SSL
certificate on this list; that is seriously off-topic here.

I've attached a PDF of ticket #140 for your reference.

To answer your question: SSL is used because Forum members have to
login to the site with a username/password to create and edit tickets,
etc. (we disallow anonymous/not-logged-in changes to prevent spam).
Trac does not well accommodate having SSL for the login page and non-
SSL for others.  As with many engineering endeavors, this was the best
compromise that could be reached with the resources available.

I'll state again that the IU CS department has done a damn fine job of
hosting everything.  If you think that you can perform these hosting
services better, please let the MPI Forum leadership know.  Thanks.