[mpiwg-coll] [Mpi-forum] Reminder: MPI Virtual Meeting THIS Wednesday Oct. 24.

Anthony Skjellum skjellum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 07:42:22 CDT 2018

With apologies, for those attending, we will do this next on Thursday
October 25, November 1, and November 8---forgot about the shift of weekend
vis a vis Israel and US/Europe,
so Friday isn't good.  No meeting on November 15, 22 (SC and Thanksgiving
respectively). We will go back to Wednesday meetings on December 5, 12, 19,
skipping
December 26  and January 2.  So first 2019 meeting will be January 9.

Please attend today's virtual meeting on MPI-4.

Tony

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 6:52 AM Tony Skjellum <skjellum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Resend
>
> Anthony Skjellum, PhD
> 205-807-4968
>

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 6:49 AM, Anthony Skjellum <skjellum at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Our weekly meeting of persistent and collective is hereby moved to 9am
> eastern USA  time this Friday and all Friday’s till virtual meetings end ...
>

> Anthony Skjellum, PhD
> 205-807-4968
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* Martin Schulz via mpi-forum <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org>
> *Date:* October 24, 2018 at 5:23:53 AM EDT
> *To:* Wesley Bland via mpi-forum <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org>
> *Cc:* Martin Schulz <schulzm at in.tum.de>
> *Subject:* *[Mpi-forum] Reminder: MPI Virtual Meeting THIS Wednesday Oct.
> 24.*
> *Reply-To:* Main MPI Forum mailing list <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just as a reminder, today (i.e., THIS Wednesday) we will have our next
> virtual meeting in this quarter. The webex information can be reached via
>
> https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/
>
> The topic will be a discussion on how we want to proceed with the MPI
> standard in general, what our roadmap is and how much we want to stick to
> backwards compatibility. This topic come out of a discussion towards the
> end of the MPI Forum in Barcelona and was triggered on how to handle
> “BigCount”, but then quickly went much wider. We ended up with a large
> majority (of those present only, of course) wanting to investigate this
> further and possible opting for something we called a “fork” of the
> standard, i.e., having an MPI 3.x line and an MPI 4.x line, which would no
> longer be backwards compatible, but still composable. The meeting today is
> intended to be an open discussion to a) continue the discussion from
> Barcelona and to b) get the pulse from people who were not at the meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
>> Prof. Dr. Martin Schulz, Chair of Computer Architecture and Parallel
> Systems
> Department of Informatics, TU-Munich, Boltzmannstraße 3, D-85748 Garching
> Email: schulzm at in.tum.de <schulzm at in.tum.de>

Anthony Skjellum, PhD
skjellum at gmail.com
Cell: +1-205-807-4968