[mpi3-coll] Very minor comments on nonblocking collectives section

Rolf Vandevaart Rolf.Vandevaart at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 27 10:10:26 CST 2009

Hi Torsten:
Two very minor issues that can probably be ignored...but I could not
help but send an email :)

1. The use of quotation marks with "in place" everywhere in the document
seems strange.  Do we really need to quote this everywhere?  My thought
was just in-place, but I assume that "in place" is legacy.

I did some research and found a bunch of stuff, but nothing to really
tell me whether using the quotes were right or wrong.

I found this at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_quote.html
    Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically,
    with reservations, or in some unusual way.

2. Somewhat similarly, on page 50, why do we quote "pathological"?  I
think in this case we should just drop the quotes?

Rolf vandeVaart

--

rolf.vandevaart at sun.com
781-442-3043